Staff Room, 35m2
The Staff Room is a shared facility for staff to use for respite, rest and relaxation during meal breaks, especially where it is difficult for staff to use common facilities particularly at night or due to distance.
The room may also be used for small meetings or tutorials and for the storage of staff resources or library materials. Facilities for food and beverage preparation and storage should be provided.
Additional Design Considerations:
- An external outlook is desirable.
- Staff only access may be required if this room is provided in a public or patient care area.
- A dishwasher may be provided depending on local operational polices.
- Front access to the sink for wheelchair access has been shown; a side approach may be acceptable depending on local/jurisdictional policies and staff requirements.
- The use of thermal heat detectors for fire detection is recommended.
- A portable fire extinguisher and fire blanket must be provided.
Room Data Sheet
Room Layout Sheet
Find past versions of documents here