The Hydrotherapy Pool is for patient therapy, rehabilitation and exercise under supervision.
The pool size indicated is 15m x 6m (90m2 - not including pool surrounds). Pool and surrounds to comply with AS 3979 - Hydrotherapy Pools.
Additional Design Considerations:
- Ready access is required to adequate change facilities for clients/patients and staff, including accessible showers and toilets.
- Emergency call points may be wall mounted and/or ceiling-suspended depending on the staffing model and local operational policies.
- Appropriate storage for aids and equipment will be required separately to the storage of pool maintenance equipment and chemicals.
- Depth 0.9m to 1.5 m with gradual slope. Depth at deep end may be reduced if paediatric use is likely to be frequent.
- Ramp access and stair access to be provided with handrails. Pool handrails are required and are not to be recessed. All stainless steel railing to be chlorine resistant.
- Temperature of water to be 33-34 degrees. Temperature of air to be no more than 6 degrees below water temperature.
- Wet deck - single channel.
- Water to be earthed.
- Internal pool surface and pool surrounds shown as tiled. Tiles or other suitable surface to be non-slip; ensure a high level of slip resistance to tiles on the ramp (vertical surfaces of tiling do not need to be slip resistant).
- Pool blanket is optional for insulation for energy conservation.
- Hydraulic hoist may be required; weight rating to be confirmed at project level to suit service requirements.
- Underwater pressure jets for therapeutic purposes are optional.
- Departmental planning to provide external windows is recommended.
- Disinfection system to be advised by expert consultant.
- Pool may be made available to the community after-hours and on the weekends. Careful consideration will need to be given to location, controlled access and security.
Room Data Sheet
Room Layout Sheet
Find past versions of documents here