Bay - Resuscitation Trolley
A open bay to provide supervised holding of the resuscitation trolley and associated equipment.
The bay should be located close to a Staff Station. Rapid access to the trolley and from this bay to patient areas is essential.
Additional Design Considerations:
- Requirements for specialised resuscitation trolleys should be considered (e.g. specific trolleys are required for paediatric and neonatal departments and non-magnetic trolleys are required for some medical imaging modalities).
- If a department requires more than one type of resuscitation trolley to be accommodated in their bay (e.g. both adult and paediatric trolleys) additional area will be required.
- Additional equipment, such as ECG machines, may be accommodated in this bay in some departments.
- The bay shall be a minimum depth of 800mm to ensure that equipment does not impede adjacent corridor circulation.
- A patient slide may need to be readily available if the resuscitation trolley is required and may be provided within this bay.
Room Data Sheet
Room Layout Sheet
Find past versions of documents here