Dental Surgery, Type 1
The Dental Surgery provides for dental consultation, examination and treatment for patients.
This Standard Component provides a configuration for switching between a a right-handed and left-handed set up and should not be mirrored. Dental surgery layouts will vary and will be dependent on existing/proposed workflows and the equipment procured.
Additional Design Considerations:
- Services will be required for the dental chair unit; these will be dependent on the chair model and supplier and include dental air, dental suction, filtered water, power and drainage.
- Facilities for viewing physical x-ray films brought in by patients may be provided in a central location as required.
- An operational model for responding to calls from staff/patients will be needed to support the inclusion of a nurse call system and is to be determined based on service requirements.
- Radiation shielding to be advised by Radiation Consultant.
- An external outlook is desirable.