An updated revision of HPU 430 Front of House Unit (Revision 7.0, July 2023) has been uploaded to the AusHFG website. The revised version has been informed by an extensive consultation process with clinical, operational and technical experts.
Key changes to the document include:
- Inclusion of a cultural acknowledgement and terminology statement (to be included in all new and updated AusHFG resources).
- Acknowledgement that the Front of House is to be a culturally inclusive, safe and welcoming space, and engagement with local cultural groups is essential.
- Updated information relating to Changing Places facilities.
- Inclusion of additional information relating to safety and security considerations associated with the reception counter.
- Updated information relating to lighting, wayfinding, parking and security requirements.
- Expansion of Information and Communications Technology considerations.
- Inclusion of key design considerations relating to outdoor cultural space.
- Updated considerations relating to retail services.
- Update to the Schedule of Accommodation (SOA) scenarios from role delineation-based scenarios to two scenarios of approximately 200 and 500 beds (for smaller facilities, HPU 350 Small Rural Hospitals / MPS can be referred to).
- General updates to the SOA, including alignment with the AusHFG standard components and acknowledgement of optional areas.
A thank you is extended to all those who have contributed to the review and update of this document.
The AusHFG Team