Sterilizing Services Unit
HPU190 Sterilizing Services Unit describes operational, functional and design requirements for the centralised management and reprocessing of reusable medical devices. This includes reprocessing services for endoscopy services.
HPU190 Sterilizing Services Unit (Revision 6) has been uploaded and outlines the specific requirements for the planning and design of this health planning unit. This document is a revision of the HPU developed for NSW Health and issued for Australasian use in 2006. Its development has been informed by an extensive consultation process.
Major changes include:
- a name change from Sterile Supply Unit to Sterilizing Services Unit
- inclusion of requirements relating to scope reprocessing
- inclusion of requirements from AS/NZS 4187:2014 Reprocessing of reusable medical devices in health service organisations as they affect facility planning and design
- a major review of all content including policies, the functional relationship and the schedule of accommodation
- inclusion of a tool to assist calculating major medical requirements within a Sterilizing Services Unit