Paediatric Adolescent Unit
HPU540 Paediatric/ Adolescent Unit describes operational, functional and design requirements for an inpatient unit to manage babies, toddlers, and children and adolescents up to 16 years. The Unit is designed to reflect the varying physical and psychological needs of these age groups.
HPU540 Paediatric / Adolescent Unit (Revision 6) has been uploaded and outlines the specific requirements for the planning and design of services to support the needs of children and young people. This document is a revision of the HPU developed for NSW Health and issued for Australasian use in 2006. Its development has been informed by an extensive consultation process with conusmers and clinicians.
Major changes include:
- A major restructure of the document across all sections
- A general review of all information including the development of some key operational policies such as the management of those with mental health conditions
- An update of internal functional zones which is now reflected in the functional relationships diagram and schedule of accommodation
- An updated SoA which includes changes in bed room sizes to support 'care by parent' models
- An updated Functional Relationship Diagram.