Nuclear Medicine / PET Unit
HPU500 Nuclear Medicine / PET Unit describes operational, functional and design requirements for the provision of a centralised facility accommodating a range of nuclear medicine imaging modalities.
HPU500 Nuclear Medicine/ PET Unit (Revision 6) has been uploaded and outlines the specific requirements for the planning and design of these services. This document is a revision of the HPU developed for NSW Health and issued for Australasian use in 2006. Its development has been informed by an extensive consultation process.
Major changes include:
- HPU480 PET Unit and HPU500 Nuclear Medicine Unit have been combined into a single document. From today, HPU480 will be discontinued (https://healthfacilityguidelines.com.au/part/part-and-hpu-archives)
- updated policies and standards
- a general revision of all information
- additional information relating to hot labs and radiopharmacies
- updated functional relationships diagram
- update of schedule of accommodation.