Psychiatric Emergency Care Centre PECC
HPU133 Psychiatric Emergency Care Unit describes operational, functional and design requirements for a short stay unit for people presenting to an Emergency Department with acute mental health illness. This facility is usually collocated with an Emergency Department.
An updated revision of HPU133 Psychiatric Emergency Care Unit (Revision 6, 21 December 2016) has been uploaded. All content has been reviewed and updated. Refer to theDocument Register for details.
Major changes include:
- A major restructure of the document across all sections
- A general review of all information including the development of some key operational policies such as the management of those with mental health conditions
- An update of internal functional zones which is now reflected in the functional relationships diagram and schedule of accommodation
- An updated SoA which includes a change in the provision of overnight bed room configurations
- An updated Functional Relationship Diagram.
Health Planning Unit Document
Schedules of Accommodation for this HPU
Find past versions of documents here